We encourage visitors to plan for at least 1.5 hours to visit the Museum. The Museum campus and exhibit buildings are wheelchair-accessible, with paved paths meandering between our buildings across beautifully landscaped lawns and gardens. A limited number of complimentary wheelchairs are available at the Museum.
A 30-minute walking tour of the 1903 houseboat La Duchesse is available through one of our special Admission Packages and visitors must sign up in advance at the Admission Desk upon arrival. La Duchesse tours occur on the hour every hour from 10 a.m – 4 p.m. La Duchesse is not wheelchair-accessible or available for group tours.
- Museum & Museum Store Hours of Operation: The Museum is now closed for the season and will reopen May 1, 2020. Interested in purchasing from the Store in the off-season? Check out our online store!
- If you are scheduled for one of our Ride the River speedboat rides, please arrive at the Museum at least 30 minutes before your ride time.
- Skiff rowing is only available during July and August
- Tuesday Night Sailing & Rowing is only available during July and August
- Neither smoking nor pets are permitted anywhere on the Museum Campus. Service animals are permitted in accordance with the ADA.
2019 Admission Rates and Packages
*The Blue Star Museums Admission is for a military ID holder and up to five family members. The military ID holder can be either active duty service member or other dependent family member with the appropriate ID card. The active duty member does not have to be present for family members to use the program. Presented by National Endowment For the Arts and Blue Star Families, for more information on the Blue Star Museums Program visit: https://www.arts.gov/national-initiatives/blue-star-museums.
Group tours welcomed; more information here.