A strong tradition of giving has transformed a small town museum into one of the largest freshwater boating museums in the world with a collection of over 320 boats, a significant archive and a beautiful riverside campus. Gifts from Members, Friends of the Museum, Benefactors and the time and talent of our dedicated Volunteer Corps not only support the work of the Museum of today, but also ensure its place in the world for future generations.
Abiding generosity in the form of Membership, Friends of the Museum, Annual Giving, volunteering, restricted donations and planned giving are critical in sustaining the mission of this Museum. We accept with great gratitude gifts of any size, Memberships at any level, planned giving of all types and volunteers of all ages.
To Join or Renew Online Now, click here.
Friends of the Museum board the MV Kearsage, a replica paddleboat steamer to cruise New Hampshire’s Lake Sunapee. Each year Friends of the Museum are invited to explore a unique boating region as a benefit of their membership.
Friends of the Museum: $1,000
- Free admission to ABM & tour of La Duchesse for one year.
- Free admission to special events, including Annual Antique Boat Show & Auction and Concours d’Elegance.
- A 10% discount on all Museum Store purchases.
- Discounts on selected Educational Programs & Classes.
- Discounts on Library Research Services.
- A complimentary subscription to the Gazette Annual and periodic newsletters.
- Private, docent-led tour of the Doebler Storage Facility.
- Complimentary gift membership (Family level) to give to a friend.
- Free, unlimited guest admission.
- Invitation to Friends Porch receptions.
- Invitation to participate in annual Friends Cruise.
- Pewter half hull and annual medallions (if desired). $1,000 level half hull designed by Trustee Emeritus Tony Mollica, Jr.
- First-time Friends: up to three (3) private cruises in one of Museum’s unique In-Water Fleet vessels (fuel fees apply).
- Sustaining Friends: limited, private cruises in one of Museum’s unique In-Water Fleet vessels (fuel fees apply).
Friends of the Museum: $2,000, $5,000, $10,000, $25,000
Friends at the $2,000 level receive the benefits of the $1,000 level, plus:
- Pewter half hull and annual medallions (if desired). $2,000 level half hull is a St. Lawrence skiff designed by the late Jim Kincaid.
- Cruises in one of Museum’s unique In-Water Fleet vessels (fuel fees apply).
Friends at the $5,000 level receive the benefits of the $2,000 level, plus:
- Fuel fee waived for the first cruise in one of the Museum’s unique In-Water Fleet vessels.
Friends at the $10,000 level receive the benefits of the $5,000 level, plus:
- Returning Friends at the $10,000 level: No fuel fee charges for cruises in one of the Museum’s unique In-Water Fleet vessels.
- Giclee print of a unique archival image out of a Motor Boat Magazine of your choosing (if desired).
Friends at the $25,000 level receive the benefits of the $10,000 level, plus:
- A unique sunset Champagne Toast aboard La Duchesse, hosted by a Museum Trustee (if desired).
Learn more about the Friends Cruises: