Status: Seasonal Employee
Start Date: June 1, 2013
End Date: October 14, 2013
Hours: 20-40 hrs/week, some evenings and weekends required
The Antique Boat Museum seeks enthusiastic and customer-focused individuals for the position(s) of Museum Host. Hosts will work in the Public Programming Department, providing visitors with guided tours of La Duchesse, the Museum’s historic houseboat, and/or hosts will greet visitors in Museum exhibits throughout the campus and carry out routine cleaning and care of boats and other artifacts on display. Applicants should have experience in the tourism business and customer care, and be organized and outgoing. Historical knowledge of the Thousand Islands and boating is a plus. This is a seasonal position from June through October 2013.
Specific job responsibilities of the Museum Host would include:
- helping to open the houseboat, La Duchesse in the morning and closing her at night
- leading museum visitors on tours of La Duchesse, providing the history of the vessel, her owners, and the Thousand Islands region
- routine dusting and cleaning of rooms and decks, and performing other general chores
- informing Museum guests of tour times and answering other questions
- greeting visitors and answering questions in other exhibit areas around the Museum
- cleaning boats and artifacts on display
- assisting the Public Programming Department with other duties as requested.
- Good communication skills
- Work well with people of all ages
- Self-motivated, team player
- Knowledge of local history
- Ability to be on your feet/ walking most of the day
Applicants for the Museum Host position(s) should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Museum Host Search, Antique Boat Museum,750 Mary Street, Clayton, NY 13624.
Responsibilities would be to assist the CFO in all accounting operations
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or a minimum 3 year’s qualifying work experience
- Candidate must be familiar with GAAP and Not for Profit accounting and possess excellent analytical skills with knowledge of MS Office
- Sage Fund Accounting and QuickBooks POS preferred
This is a year-round part-time position of approximately 20 hours per week with the possibility of increased hours, as needed. Please submit resume and cover letter to: Ms. Dale Corsa, 750 Mary Street, Clayton, NY 13624