Title: Events & Communications Manager
Full-time. Based on 40 hrs per week; schedule will include special evening events and weekends during the open spring/summer/fall seasons, and transitions to M-F schedule during the off season.
Position is: Full-time – Year Round; Salaried with benefits available
Reports to: Executive Director
SUMMARY: Under basic supervision of the Museum’s Executive Director assist in developing, organizing, and managing a wide variety of special mission driven and related events, receptions, and programming to provide cultivation and stewardship of donors, members, visitors/tourists, and volunteers; attract new audiences; and increase revenues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: — Essential functions may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents; employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below; reasonable accommodations will be made as required. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change at any time based on employer’s needs. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate with the Museum Executive Director, Volunteer Coordinator, and fellow Staff Team, lead the Museum’s efforts to provide meaningful experiences to a diverse audience onsite, online through social media, and in the larger community through executing traditional annual events, and developing events that engage and expand the Museum’s audiences creatively and effectively.
- Assist the Museum Executive Director, and Advancement Office in the cultivation of sponsors and donors for specific event initiatives.
- Manage primary aspects of volunteer coordination, including recruitment, supervision, some training and acknowledgement.
- Serve as team leader for special events through planning and logistical support including organizing catering, décor, and entertainment; managing set-ups; and other related duties as needed.
- Manage and coordinate content for advertisements, publications, other print media and press releases in conjunction with fellow Staff Team and possible outside consultants/firms.
- Manage the Museum’s website, Facebook account, Instagram, and other online social media.
- Prep agendas and take minutes at Events and Marketing Committee meetings, serving as the primary staff liaison for the committee.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Training and Experience Guidelines: Four year degree AND two years of experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Knowledge of:
- Non-profit policies and procedures, and structure.
- Event planning and execution; interfacing with media outlets.
- Principles and procedures of, budgeting, recordkeeping, reporting and retention.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers and the public.
- Communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Operating a personal computer utilizing standard software such as Microsoft Office and some specialized software; functioning standard office equipment.
- Successful candidate will demonstrate a deep understanding of how to engage cross-generational and diverse audiences with a welcoming and accessible manner
- Providing quality customer service.
- Multi-tasking and organization. Supports the relationship between the Antique Boat Museum and the general public by demonstrating courteous, cooperative behavior when interacting with visitors, volunteers and Staff Team.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related issues;
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in a standard office environment, and waterfront campus. Good stamina for busy summer season is a must.
Applications will be accepted through January 26, 2018. Please email resume, cover letter, three references and salary requirements to: DeborahPutnam@abm.org
Or mail to:
Antique Boat Museum
Events & Communications Manager Search
750 Mary Street
Clayton, NY 13624
The Antique Boat Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.