Marketing/Development Internship — Two (2) available
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Development staffs, as well as some interaction with the Curatorial staff, to support projects and events relating to the ABM
- Event coordination support such as crafting collateral, giveaways, and other tasks as required
- Assist with the development, execution, and distribution of marketing collateral, presentations, videos, and other elements related to the growth and success of the ABM
- Assist with trafficking, reporting and optimization efforts to assess effectiveness and provide creative recommendations for improved performance
- Assist with social media development
- Assist with surveying of visitors
- Administrative duties as assigned
Position Type: Unpaid Internship
- College students preferred, however high school students (at least a junior in high school) will be considered
- Work well with people of all ages
- Self-motivated team player
- Good communication skills
- Previous internship or work in a museum is a plus
Work hours: Minimum commitment of 15 hours per week beginning in late-May through Labor Day
Please contact Michael Folsom at firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of interest and a resume prior to November 15 to be considered for this position.
Education Internship (High School-aged)
The Antique Boat Museum is looking for a motivated high school student to assist in designing and implementing off-season programs for babies, toddlers, and elementary school age children. The education intern must be organized, creative and flexible. Applicants should enjoy working with children and have an interest in education, museums, and/or boating.
Who: A currently registered high school student between the ages of 15-19.
When: The position would be one afternoon a week up to 3 hours with some flexibility in times and days. The intern position would run for the 2013-2014 school year.
Compensation: The position is volunteer, but at the ABM there are specific volunteer rewards that correspond to hours worked including; discounts at the ABM store, invitations to special events, discounts on classes, and free boat rides.
To Apply: Please send a resume and a paragraph about why you would like this position to Julie Broadbent at email@example.com.