A strong tradition of giving has transformed a small town museum into the largest freshwater nautical Museum in the world with a collection of over 320 boats, a significant archive and a beautiful riverside campus. Gifts from Members, Friends of the Museum, Benefactors and the time and talent of dedicated volunteers not only support the work of the Museum of today, but also ensure its place in the world for future generations.
Abiding generosity in the form of Membership, Friends of the Museum, Annual Giving, Volunteering, restricted donations and planned giving are critical in sustaining the mission of this Museum. We accept with great gratitude gifts of any size, Memberships at any level, planned giving of all types and volunteers of all ages.
Friends of the Museum board the MV Kearsage, a replica paddleboat steamer to cruise New Hampshire’s Lake Sunapee. Each year Friends of the Museum are invited to explore a unique boating region as a benefit of their membership.
Friends of the Museum: $1,000
- Free admission to ABM for one year including special events.
- A 10% discount on all Museum Store purchases.
- Discounts on selected Educational Programs & Classes.
- Discounts on Library Research Services.
- A complimentary subscription to the Gazette Annual and periodic newsletters.
- Private, docent-led tour of the Doebler Storage Facility.
- Complimentary gift membership (Family level) to give to a friend.
- Instead of guest passes, feel free to bring your friends to the ABM and show them what you so generously support.
- Invitation to Friends Porch receptions.
- Invitation to participate in annual Friends Cruise.
- Pewter half hull designed by Trustee Emeritus Tony Mollica with annual medallions – if desired
- First-time Friends: one private cruise in an antique boat with a captain provided by the Museum (fuel fees apply.)
- Sustaining Friends: limited use of an antique boat with a captain provided by the Museum (fuel fees apply.)
Friends of the Museum: $2,000, $5,000, $10,000, $25,000
Friends at the $2,000 level receive the benefits of the $1,000 level, plus:
- Lawrence Skiff pewter half hull designed by Jim Kincaid, with annual medallions – if desired (instead of the half hull designed by Trustee Emeritus Tony Mollica.)
- Use of an antique boat with a captain provided by the Museum (fuel fees apply.)
Friends at the $5,000 level receive the benefits of the $2,000 level, plus:
- No fuel fee charges apply for the first cruise in a boat of the Museum’s in-water fleet.
Friends at the $10,000 level receive the benefits of the $5,000 level, plus:
- Returning Friends at the $10,000 level: No fuel fee charges for cruises on an antique boat of the Museum’s in-water fleet.
- Giclee print of a unique archival image out of a Motor Boat Magazine of your choosing – if desired.
Friends at the $25,000 level receive the benefits of the $10,000 level, plus:
- A unique sunset Champagne Toast aboard La Duchesse, hosted by a Trustee.
For more information please contact Christine Brown at (315)686-4104 ext. 226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To view and print a Friends Membership Form, click here.