The Auction will take place at 1pm on Saturday, August 6, 2022.
Fair Warning: this year’s auction is smaller than pre-COVID auctions as we work toward getting back to a full-scale Show. Ross Bros. will be conducting the auction this year.
PLEASE NOTE! You Must Be Registered To Bid On A Boat.
Terms of sale: Each item for sale is sold AS-IS, WHERE-IS. All sales are final. NO REFUNDS. Items in this auction are from various consignors or ABM deaccessions and/or boats for sale. Some have been pre-used and may contain defects. We have made every attempt to describe each item as accurately as possible. We are not responsible for errors or omissions in the descriptions. Before bidding, you should take appropriate steps to verify the accuracy of the listed item descriptions. You should also take appropriate steps to inspect or validate the condition of listed items prior to bidding on them. We will answer questions to the best of our ability and provide additional information if available of item upon request during the pre-bidding and preview period.
A 15% Buyer’s Premium is applied to all purchases. NY state sales tax. Tax exempt buyers must provide their resale certificate/tax exempt number when obtaining a bidder’s number. Payment must be made in U.S. dollars. Payment options include cash, check or credit card. Complete payment required after the conclusion of the auction. The Museum reserves the right to hold items or titles to items until funds clear. All winning bidders must arrange to remove items from the auction location at time of payment.
Payment must be made at the conclusion of the auction. Items that are not paid for and picked up or shipped/hauled within 7 days after auction will be deemed abandoned and those lots will be offered to the underbidder(s). Third-party shipping/hauling is available; buyers are responsible for coordinating payment and delivery arrangements with the shipper/hauler.
Bidders who abandon lots may receive a “bad bidder” rating that may affect their ability to bid in future auctions.
Pick up/Shipping: Auction purchases should be removed on the day of the auction if possible. Items can be picked up between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, other pick up times by appointment.
2022 Auction Items
- 1948 20′ Hutchinson Utility: 1948 20′ Hutchinson lapstrake utility named Nancy with a 109HP Chrysler Crown model M7 which appears to have been winterized. Exact dimensions: 20′ length, 7′ beam. Boat characteristics include mahogany lapstrake – sides & deck appear serviceable; upholstery appears to have been replaced as original; unusual hard chine with trim wedges aft; desirable tumblehome. Bottom is questionable. No trailer. All proceeds will go to the Museum.
- 1967 30′ Lyman: 1967 30′ Lyman Islander with twin Crusader 250HP named Adventure. Exact dimensions: 29′ 6″ length, 10′ 9″ beam. Engines appear to have been winterized. Boat characteristics include plywood lapstrake – sides & deck appear serviceable; upholstery appears to have been replaced as original. No trailer. All proceeds will go to the Museum.
- 1921 25′ Consolidated Speedway Launch: 1921 25′ Consolidated Speedway Launch, hull #2545, with 25 HP Gray Marine Sea Scout and tandem-axle trailer. Exact dimensions: 25′ length, 6′ beam. Boat characteristics include painted cedar sides and bottom; deck varnished mahogany; upholstery appears to have been replaced as original; steering wheel & tiller. All proceeds will go to the Museum.
- 1960 14′ Sea Ray: 1960 14′ Sea Ray with 1957 35 HP Johnson outboard and trailer. Boat characteristics include: motor appears to have been restored; boat appears to have been re-gelcoated; trailer appears to have been restored. Needs upholstery. All proceeds will go to the Museum.
- 1980s Crusader 454: 1980s Crusader 454 with Velvet drive transmission, serial number 81702. Engine characteristics: used in museum ride boat; ran at the time was taken out of service; oil appears fairly clean; motor re-painted; no cracks seen upon inspection; distributor may have issues. All proceeds will go to the Museum.
- 2006 12′ AMF Zuma Sailing Dinghy: 2006 12′ AMF Zuma Sailing Dinghy, hull# OQT254574506, with trailer. Exact dimensions: 12′ 9″ length, 5′ beam, 129 lbs. Comes with hand-launch trailer, standing rigging, tiller, sails, and rudder. All proceeds will go to the Museum.
- 1987 CastleCraft Sunchaser II: 1987 12′ CastleCraft Sunchaser II Sailing/Rowing Dinghy, hull #LCK63761B787. Exact dimensions: 12′ length, 4′ 8″ beam. Boat characteristics include fiberglass, oars, Neil Pryde main and jib sails, rudder, and tiller. The mast and boom are missing. All proceeds will go to the Museum.
- 9′ Sailing/Rowing Dinghy: Pre-1973 9′ sailing/rowing dinghy of unknown manufacturer. Exact dimensions: 9′ length, 51″ beam. Boat characteristics include fiberglass, cat-rigged, 2-piece mast, boom, center-board, tiller, Thurston sail. Missing rudder. All proceeds will go to the Museum.
- 1984 Morgan-built Gold Cup Replica: 1984 Morgan-built Gold Cup Replica of Hotsy-Totsy. Has a 454ci Crusader. Exact dimensions: 26′ length, ~7′ beam. Boat characteristics include double mahogany-planked bottom over possibly oak frames; 5 steps; no epoxy; upholstery stored in engine compartment; 2 bilge pumps; onboard battery charger; motor appears excellent; crane rings; multiple award winner in 1980s. There is a 5′ split in the foredeck mahogany. No trailer. All proceeds will go to the Museum.
- Late 1950s Crosley-Fageol-44 engine: Late 1950s vertical-opposed inboard Crosley-Fageol-44. Characteristics include 4-cylinder, dual carburetors, believed to be 40HP. Condition unknown, although crankcase has oil and no cracks are visible. All proceeds will go to the Museum.
- 1985 O’Day Daysailer: 1985 O’Day Daysailer with trailer, hull #XDY12856A585. Exact dimensions: 16′ 9″ length, 6′ 3″ beam. Characteristics include fiberglass, complete Neil Pryde sails, standing and running rigging, new trailer, boat has a few dings and scratches. All proceeds will go to the Museum.
- Gray St. Lawrence Skiff. Former Skiff Livery boat. All proceeds will go to the Museum.
- Green and white St. Lawrence Skiff. Former Skiff Livery boat. All proceeds will go to the Museum.
- 2004 16′ Giesler Gennesse Canoe: 2004 16′ Giesler Gennesse cedar canoe in very good condition; light usage; stored indoors since purchased.
- 1966 25′ Lyman Sleeper: 1966 25′ Lyman Sleeper (hull# K1719) with 1966 Ford V8 210 HP engine in fair condition; Boat is completely restored from the waterline up and has a new canvas top, side curtains, and back cover. The engine was rebuilt 5 years ago and is in good working order. Comes with a 1999 Magi trailer. Dry rot was found in the bow and stern exterior planks.
- 1968 19′ Chris Craft Lancer: 1968 19′ Chris Craft Lancer hull# ORA219007SN with a 1968 OMC/Chris Craft 283 FLV 185 HP engine. Last in water in 2019, engine was winterized. Boat characteristics: fiberglass, has boat cover, convertible top, and side curtains. In good working/running condition. Comes with service records dating back to 2011. No trailer.
- 12′ Penn Yan Cartopper. All proceeds will go to the Museum.
- Sunfish with all its parts. Needs at least a fresh coat of paint. All proceeds will go to the Museum.
- 1953 Johnson RD-15: 1953 Johnson Sea Horse RD-15 2 cyl 25HP, serial #1104804. In very nice condition; ran when parked. Fine example of a very popular outboard in the early 1950s.
- 1958 Johnson RDEL-19: 1958 Johnson RDEL-19 2 cyl 35 HP. In excellent, like new condition; very low hours; completely rebuilt and restored; ran when parked. Won Best Outboard in 2000 Antique Boat Show.
- 1951 Johnson QD-11: 1951 Johnson QD-11 2 cyl 10 HP in mint condition; completely rebuilt and restored; very rare motor; ran when parked.
- 1979 14′ Rhodes Bantam Sailboat: 1979 14′ Rhodes Bantam sailboat, #1822, fiberglass hull, in excellent condition; has mainsail, jib, 2 spinnakers and all rigging. Last in water in 2021. Comes with boat cover and 1979 Lady Bea trailer.
- 16′ unfinished Adirondack guideboat. All proceeds will go to the Museum.
- 1986 26′ Hunter 26 Sailboat: 1986 26′ Hunter 26 sailboat in good condition with a 1990 Honda BF9.9A/15A 4cyl outboard engine. Boat characteristics include fiberglass hull, blue canvas camper top and upholstery; has Icona VHF marine M-45, Shakespeare 5215 Antenna, Ritchie Compass, Hummingbird depth finder HNR-650, Raytheon tiller pilot, Garmin GPS Map 76 RCVR, Origo two-burner stove, Igloo cooler, CDI Flexible Furler 2 (Jib), Lewmark winch handle, ginpole, Marinco Shore Power cable. Comes with a 1996 Hunter trailer.
- 1935 16′ Ed Small Sea Skiff: 1935 16′ Ed Small Sea Skiff in very good condition. Current owner stripped existing paint, repaired rot, and repainted the interior & exterior of the hull. Hull is made of white cypress and was built on Lake Erie. Boat comes with the original cedar oars and 1969 Cox trailer.
- 12′ Penn Yan Grand Illusion Replica with a Mercury Mark 55 and trailer.
- 1971 18′ Century Resorter: 1971 18′ Century Resorter in good condition with a Chevy 305 engine. Comes with fitted canvas with snap locks. Boat was winterized and stored shrink wrapped. No trailer.