As of April 25, we have reached max capacity for this year’s Symposium and registration is now CLOSED. If you are interested in attending a future Symposium or other boat restoration courses, please contact Deb Rantanen (contact information below).
May 19-21, 2017
Overview and Workshop Topics
This spring the Antique Boat Museum (ABM) and the Antique and Classic Boat Society (ACBS) will be co-hosting their annual in-depth, hands-on weekend restoration symposium on May 19-21. Featured is a much requested workshop for bottom replacement which will include lofting, frame alignment, plank repair, and methods and procedures for applying epoxy adhesives. Even if you never plan to do a bottom replacement yourself, this weekend will educate you on what you should expect from a professional boat restorer who is working on your boat. Woodworking techniques learned this weekend can easily be applied to other aspects of boat restoration, such as deck and side replacement. There will also be a talk on rudders and propellers, focusing on how to calculate rudder size and balance, as well as determining prop pitch and diameter. Each year that ACBS and ABM have held this 3-day workshop, we have received excellent reviews from those members who participated and we encourage all to join us!
Instructors and Presenters
- Bo Muller, owner of Muller Boatworks in Sunapee, NH
- Tony Mollica, author and historian
- Doug Mehring, mechanical engineer
- Adult registration fee of $199 ($225 after April 24)
- Youth registration fee (18 and younger) is $100 ($110 after April 24)
- The registration fee covers all lesson materials and these meals: Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast and lunch, and Sunday breakfast
- With questions or to register (see below) please contact Debra Rantanen, ABM Educator, at 315-686-4104 x235 or email@example.com
- As of April 25, registration for Symposium is CLOSED as we reached the max capacity for the workshop. If you are interested in attending future Symposiums or other boat restoration courses, please contact Deb Rantanen (information above).
Planning Your Weekend Stay in Clayton
- Call Clayton Chamber of Commerce for information on local accommodations: 1-800-252-9806 / 315-686-3771
- Visit Clayton Chamber of Commerce website for information on local campgrounds, motels & resorts, bed & breakfasts, and more: http://www.1000islands-clayton.com/