Courses and Programs
Whether you are six or sixty, new to the River or have spent every summer here since you were born, we’ve got something for you and your kids to learn. What can you do with us? Learn to sail, get your captain’s license, build a boat with your family, or get your New York State boater safety certificate. There are a lot of fascinating opportunities to learn at the Antique Boat Museum.
All courses have a low instructor-student ratio, and are taught on and around our beautiful waterfront campus. New classes are constantly being posted throughout the year so check back often. See below for the complete listing of 2017 courses.
How to Register
Pre-registration is required for all courses and programs.
- We accept MasterCard or Visa, checks or money orders (and of course cash, if you pay in person at the Museum)
- Payment of full tuition is required upon registration.
- Scholarships for tuition are available, please call the Museum to inquire.
- Museum Members and Friends of the Museum receive discounts on selected classes.
- Discounts do not apply to Boater Safety, Captain’s Licensing, Towing Endorsement, or Master’s Licensing courses.
- Should you cancel more than 4 weeks before the start of the class, you will receive a full refund.
- Between 2 and 4 weeks before the start of the course, you will receive a credit toward a future course. Course credits will be good for one year from the cancellation date.
- If you cancel within 2 weeks of the class, we regret that we cannot refund or transfer your payment.
To contact the Museum Education Department, email firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 Education Courses
- ABM & ACBS Symposium
- Captain Licensing Classes
- Traditional Maritime Arts Workshops
- On-Water and Safety Courses
- River Days
- Fishing Now and Then
- Work Boats on the River
- Winter Life on the St. Lawrence
- School Programs